Friday, November 20, 2009

College Professor

My ceramics professor, Gil, in college recently moved to rural Boone county near Louisville, Kentucky. He and his wife, Yuki, have lots of animals. You know dogs, ginea pig and...chickens. Gil recently wrote an article about his chickens and the circle of life. Check it out. It is a great read.

We had such great times at the ceramic building during college. Gil introduced me to humus and lots of other interesting foods. He was such a calming influence on all his students. Patient, helpful and always there when you had questions about art as well as life in general. I will always remember the small amount of time I spent sharing a studio with Gil and Yuki.

4 comments:

Rebecka said...

I just finished reading the article about chickens. I grew up on a farm and have had 3 baby racoons as pets. I have a love for them. They are cute animals, but I did have to let them go because they can't be cooped up. I did enjoy the article. But, I do have a different take on the racoons. Thanks for sharing!

ivy said...

good....................................................................................................

TraceyK said...

Wow, what a terrific article! And what a fabulous man; lucky you to have had some time with he and his wife.

愛心 said...

Everything comes if a man will only wait........................................