Monday, September 21, 2009

Working on Unfinished Projects

Bob Perks Cancer Assistance Fund / Elves Charity Quilt Progress

After posting about this charity quilt last week here and on the Old Red Barn Quilt Along Flickr group, I have had lots of lovely quilters sign up to send me a block or two.

In the case of Annie of Blue Gables, she sent me four! They are so lovely. Here they are in all their blue calico glory.

Anita's Blocks for the Charity Quilt

I will try to keep posting the donated blocks as they come in. I plan on providing a map of who/where the squares came from on the label of the quilt, so the new owner will know all about how wonderfully generous you quilters are.

Old Red Barn Round 1 Top Finished

I finally finished the Old Red Barn Quilt Along Round 1 top. YEAH! I will be piecing the back tonight and hopefully quilting it tomorrow. I am entering this in a local quilt show. It will be the first time I have ever entered one. I am excited and nervous all at the same time.

Finished Round 1 Top

These are shots of the finished quilt top from the back. I love how it looks like stain glass.

Backside of ORB Round 1 Quilt

Round 1 Top: Back View

Backing

I used the ends from the strip sets to make the band in the middle. The pink fabric is actually half white background on one side and half pink background on the other side. They are the negatives of one another. It sorta matches the trellis prints from Flights of Fancy. It is Kisii Window by Maggie Maye for Micheal Miller.

Back of Round 1 Old Red Barn Quilt Along

Backside of Backing ORB Round 1

4 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful - I love your Old Red Barn Quilt - I still have to do the backing on mine.

Emma said...

Great quilt! I love that stained-glass effect, too.

RosaMarĂ­a said...

beautiful quilt! i love the colors! and the back is really amazing!
i have some unfinished proyects too... i hope this week work on them!
have a great monday!

Annie of Blue Gables said...

Not only the colors but the texture. That is a quilt I could just look at for a LONG LONG time! How beautiful! you are amazing.
~a