Monday, August 10, 2009

Tumblers Quilt

Doll Quilt Swap 7: Choice #3 - Front

MimiPark over on Flickr called these blocks "elongated tumblers", so in honor of her I have named my Doll Quilt Swap 7 (see Flickr group) quilt: "Tumblers".

Finished Dimensions: 21 3/4" X 23"
Finished Size of Two Triangles: 3 3/4" X 5 1/8"
Border: 3"

This is the first time I have tried to sew triangles (non-half square ones anyway). I used a paper template to do all the cutting for these. I placed a 1/4" line on the template to make it easier to line up with my ruler. That way I wouldn't have to get the ruler lined up with the very edge of the ruler to cut out the 24 triangles for the quilt :)

The fabrics, prints only, are from Melissa Averinos' Sugar Snap. The solids are batiks I piced up at my local fabric shop. They have these cool snaky looking lines that end in circles

Here is the pdf for the template if you want to give these tumblers a try.

1 comment:

RosaMarĂ­a said...

Oh Heidi, it looks great!! it was dificult? i never use templates before. Love those fabrics!