Sunday, August 2, 2009

Doll Quilt Swap 7

Doll Quit Swap 7 Possibility

The circle and two of the stripes are pieced in while the other three stripes are applique. Not quite sure if this should be the one I send to my partner. I have another more traditional design to try out too.

The whole quilt was improvised. I just grabbed all my orange, pink, yellow and red scraps to make up the hodge-podge half of the quilt. I really enjoyed the process. I wanted to try the curved piecing on this quilt too. Basically I used a Drunkard's Path pattern and instead of turning the circle out, I turned it in to make a completed circle.

3 comments:

RosaMarĂ­a said...

oh Heidi, i love it!!! is amazing!!!!!!

Terrie Sandelin said...

Love all the texture on this -- a really great mini!

Tina said...

This is awesome! I have been wanting to do something just like this, but hadn't tried it out yet. Love it!