Old Red Barn Quilt Along: Back Started
Okay so I am working kinda backwards, but I had a bit of time waiting from some fabric to wash and dry. So I filled the time with sewing together the leftover blocks from the 14 strip sets. These blocks ended up 12" x 6". All together they are about 77.5" in width. Just the right size to make it across the width of the back of the quilt. Now I just need to find the right fabric to finish out the back, hmmmm. Solid or patterned, solid or patterned. I will keep you posted.
Brown and Green Quilt Progress
This is the one that I want to be finished before I leave to visit my family near the end of this month. I finished the front and started working on the back this weekend. I can never just have a plain back, darn it! So I started sewing together some left-over pieces from the Marque quilt I finished in May.
Here is what the strips looked like before I sewed them together.
They make an excellent hodge-podge of colors. I plan to alternate the starting height of the patchwork blocks so that it is not a straight line across the back of the quilt. I am using a dark brown solid fabric to finish up the vertical strips. It would look something like this.
You can also see all my doodles for figuring out how much yardage I needed as well as the cutting plan.