Thursday, July 2, 2009

Swaps and Such

Spring Blooms Mini-Quilt Swap

Spring Blooms Mini-Quilt Swap by  The Quilting Gallery

This is the quilt I received from Kari over at Fresh Cut Quilts Pattern Co.. She did such a wonderful job on this using vintage prints and a beautiful glass button circa early 1900's. You can see the button in the middle of that cute red flower in the center of the quilt. Kari used a stray, mismatched in size, quilt block for this. She even told me she had a hard time parting with all the lovely vintage prints as she loves them just as much as I do. Well, Kari, I will take good care of them. As you can see from my other pictures, your quilt is already hanging in my studio next to all my lovely swap quilts. Thank you so much!

I, on the other hand, have been a little delinquent on getting mine finished for my partner. To my defense, I ran into some snags getting it completed. Though I should have planned a little better. I should be able to ship it off tomorrow. I just need to add some beads at the center of the flowers to finish off the design (see below).

The flowers are a three dimensional block pattern from the book Fantastic Fabric Folding by Rebecca Wat called "Inside Out Flowers". The butterfly is applique as well as all the leaves. I traced a picture of a butterfly to get the dimensions. The antenna on the butterfly is my first attempt at embroidery. I like how it turned out :) I will post a close up of the bead work after I finish it tonight.

(Semi) Finished Spring Blooms Quilt

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh my goodness!!!! That looks fabulous!

ANAMAR said...

Since I´ve not received mine yet, maybe this is it!
Being so I dont mind waiting,
It's wonderful