Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Old Red Barn Co. Sew-a-Long: Week 4

I am a little behind, but I expect to have all of the strip sets sewn and cut sometime this week. Here is a picture of the first four sets sewn but not cut.

First Four Strip Sets Finished

I pinned about 10 strip sets last night. Tonight will be sewing them together. Friday night will be cutting out the squares. I am waiting until all my sets are finished so I can see how small I must cut the blocks based on the shortest measurement of all the strip sets. My first ones came out to about 12.25" They were supposed to be around 12.5. I will see if I can at least be consistent to the 12.25 across all of the final 10 sets.

Week 4 will be sewing all the blocks in rows and finishing the quilt's top. See this blog post for more information. Check out the Flickr Group Photo Pool to see what everyone is up to :)

2 comments:

Taiya said...

Can't wait to see the finished product! Great fabrics!

Heidi said...

I swear that I have progressed on this quilt. I will try to post more pictures tonight :) Thanks for stopping by Taiya!