Monday, June 8, 2009

Finished Wedding Quilts

Heather and Scott Wedding Quilt

Finished Quilt: Marque Side
From "The Modern Quilt Workshop" book by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr; Marque Pattern

That is me in the red vest on the left. My friend Heather, on the right, is the recipient of the quilt. Heather and Scott were married in May 2008. The quilt is almost a year late... Doh! She liked it despite its lateness :)

The quilting is a simple zig-zag. I needed something simple enough for it to work for both sides of the quilt since it is reversible. And speaking of reversible here is the other side.

Finished Quilt: Love Beads Side
From "The Modern Quilt Workshop" book by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr; Love Beads Pattern

The dots are not appliqued. They are pieced. And if you want to see a picture of them all pinned take a peek at this set over on Flickr. If I had to do it again, and I will since I am venturing into curved piecing, I would clip the seams so they will lay flatter next time. I just ironed them really well on this one and snipped the curve a little bit.

Hough Wedding Quilt

I posted some shots a while back on this quilt without the quilting being done. Here are the final pictures taken of the quilt before it was whisked away to Pittsburgh for the wedding. I used Amy Butler fabrics and some others that I picked up in my travels for this one.

You can also see that my hubby like to take a picture of me with the quilt. If I had my druthers, I wouldn't be in the photo ;)

Hough Wedding Quilt - Front
Front side of the quilt; Log cabin like blocks about 13" x 13"

Hough Wedding Quilt - Back
Back side of the quilt

3 comments:

Tina said...

Heidi, these quilts are wonderful!

jacquie said...

both beautiful!!1 what lucky couples. i've never seen the love beads or marquee actually made into quilts. you did a wonderful job!

RosaMarĂ­a said...

wow!!! these quilt are so beautiful!!!