Tuesday, May 19, 2009
The flowers are a three dimensional block pattern from the book Fantastic Fabric Folding by Rebecca Wat called "Inside Out Flowers". I am going to add some applique as well. Maybe some stems and some pink flowers. I am still deciding on what I want to do. I think I might be able to figure out how to do an origami butterfly or bird possibly too. I want to add some beads for the flower centers as well. I will keep you all posted on its progress.
The top left picture is of a larger flower that did not get incorporated into the quilt. I didn't like the shade of pink with the orange, red and yellow. It just didn't seem bright enough. The picture on the bottom is of my prototype square. I tried my hand at embroidery at the center, but I am not thrilled with how it turned out. Otherwise I like the prototype square a lot.
I sent two more blocks to Tall Praire Grass Studios yesterday for the Project Improv project. Here they are:
I still haven't progressed very far on the improv quilt I started, but I have done other improv projects, like my Mission Quilt. So I don't feel too bad. We have a three day weekend coming up so I hope to get a bit of sewing done this weekend :)