So I am participating in Tall Grass Praire Studio's Spring to Finish where we are trying to finish as many works in progress as we can by the end of April. I finished one project where I used one of my prototype squares to finish a doll quilt for one of my best friend's daughter.
I used all my scraps from the front to make the back, yeah!
I love the swirl quilting pattern in the border.
Another project that I am trying to finish is actually due by this weekend, as the wedding I am making it for is this Saturday :) EEEK! I am making good progress on the quilt.
I used fabric from my stash that I purchased in Austin, TX. I loved all the pastels together with the brown fabric. It is a very subtle in color quilt for me. I usually am a bright colors kinda a gal, but I needed to break out of that mold a little. (Sorry about the fuzzy, discolored photos...)
I had a plan for using log-cabin like blocks but nothing past that they needed to be at least 12.5 x 12.5 inches when finished.
I have the front and back finished. I am starting to quilt it on my frame in the basement. I ran into a snag, because I started to do different quilting patterns for inside the blocks, i.e., different from the border quilting. I didn't like it at all, so I decided to rip out the quilting and just do a single pattern over the whole quilt. We'll see how it goes. Once I get the binding on and have it washed I will post the final pictures.