Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back from Austin and the Maker Faire

My husband, a friend and I went to the Maker Faire in Austin last weekend. It was loads of fun. I made some cool bags from the legs of a pair of green jeans. I still need to put handles on them, but they have some lovely applique and silk screen prints on them from the Swap-A-Rama.

I would highly recommend visiting the faire if you are every in the neighborhood of either the one in Austin, Texas or the one in San Mateo, California. Lots of stuff for adults and kids a like. There are demonstrations on electronics, blacksmithing, glass blowing, glass bead making, silk screening, crocheting, knitting, jewelry making, printing, and lots of other DIY projects.

We also visited the missions in San Antonio, Texas. They are lovely 250 year old structures made during the Spanish settlement in Texas. We visited Mission Concepción and Mission San José. Here are some pictures:

Mission Concepción From the Prayer Garden's Path

Arches and Garden

Garden Entrance

2 comments:

Jen said...

nice pics Heidi! you've got quite the eye.

jacquie said...

heidi,
thanks so much for letting me know about craftzine. you're the best!
jacquie