Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rubber Stamps

A friend of mine gave me a gift certificate, or card, to Michael's for my birthday. (Thanks, Sonya!) I decided to get a set of cutting tools to carve stamps and an ink roller. I only had cutting tools for engraving and woodcutting. I tried to do some rubber stamp cutting with those tools, but it didn't turn out as well as I would have liked.

So tonight I tried to make some rubber stamps with my new tools. Here is how things turned out:

Stamps and First Printing


















I made two stamps. The flower was the second one I did. It turned out better than the first I think because the size was larger. I was able to move the tools around the design easier than on the smaller design. These were both from some doodles I did in my sketchbook a while back. Next is a close up of the flower print.
Flower Print
I want to cut out a larger version of this design, but have the flowers alternating back and forth vertically. The printing technique I will try with that design will be silk screening with a freezer paper stencil. I will post pictures of my progress soon.

No comments: