Monday, August 4, 2008

Lion Brand Just Hats Book





I am working on a crochet hat project from the Lion Brand Just Hats book. It is the Babka Hat by Lidia Karabinech on page 39. I started this on my trip to Kansas City. I am using an alpaca wool yarn. It will be a nice and toasty warm hat for the winter. Unfortunately since I am alergic to wool, I will have to also line the hat with a flannel of some kind.

Don't you just love those little bobble stiches? There are five single crochet stitches in a single stitch. You remove your hook from the last single crochet and insert it in the first. Then you do another pull though to create the bobble. I will post back with my progress on this hat as well as the liner installation.

3 comments:

Alison-My Little Stitching Corner said...

Heidi, thank you so much for signing up for blocks for Aryn's quilt. If you can make 2 that would be wonderful thank you!!!

Dot said...

That is a very cool hat.. I should learn to crochet (well, relearn - my grandma taught me as a kid).

Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way! That robot sketch is one of my favorites too ..

dot
dabbled.org

Marta said...

Heidi, I'm trying to make the Babka Hat from Just Hats (p. 39-40). The picture shows three rounds of bobbles at the top but the pattern only has you make two rounds of bobbles (rounds 7 and 13). Did you add a third round of bobbles? My daughter thinks it looks weird, so far, without the third round of bobbles. (I'm on round 30.)